- A Micro-certification is a certification of skills or a component of a formal qualification.
- It can be broken down into smaller thematic units called microcredentials. A set of stackable microcredits can be used to obtain a micro-certification.
- The length of a micro-certification course ranges from 135 h to 405 h (3 to 9 units)
Why sign up for a micro-certification?
- to have my skills recognized;
- move towards a career change;
- develop new skills required by employers in areas of high demand in New Brunswick;
- offer more flexibility in learning.
Targeted training allows you to:
- obtain a micro-certificate;
- re-enter the labour market;
- pursue learning;
- obtain a post-secondary diploma or certificate.
How does it work?
A digital badge
- is a virtual image;
- is associated with a micro-certification;
- can be used to recognize learning and skills;
- can be shared with employers for recruitment or talent management purposes.
I am an employer looking to …
- fill positions;
- target qualified candidates;
- respond to workforce recruitment challenges.
CCNB can :
- Design a micro-certification in collaboration with your sector of activity and according to the skills sought in your workplace.
- Assist in recruiting qualified candidates.
South-Est - Dany Losier : 506-899-4442
North-East - Jonathan Tower : 506-547-7401
Restigouche - Yvan LeBlond : 506-789-2261
North-West - Louise Martin : 506-740-2363