CSA_ - Community Services Worker
CSA_ - Community Services WorkerAffaires
The Community Services Worker program is designed to prepare the student to work as a front-line worker in support, accompaniment and care services for adolescents and adults with special needs, such as intellectual / physical disabilities, sensory issues, learning disabilities, behavioural problems, and mental health or addictions issues. The community service worker ensures that the client in question will be reached through basic individualized service plans that the assistant will have developed under the supervision of the interdisciplinary team.
Durée du programme
40 weeks including work practicums.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors appropriate to workplace ethics
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to act as front-line assistants to adolescents and adults with special needs
- Exercise judgment and critical thinking
- Promote the social role of the adolescent and adult by promoting an environment and an atmosphere that respects self-determination and human dignity
- Ensure that adolescents or adults can develop or regain their autonomy and self-management of their lives
- Help raise awareness of the needs and living conditions of teenagers and adults with special needs
- Understand the impact of stigma and etiquette on the identity of the adolescent or adult with special needs
- Promote the inclusion of the individuals in all spheres of their lives
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with the adolescent / adult and family, as well as with all members of the interdisciplinary team
- Establish meaningful interpersonal relationships with teenagers and adults
- Participate, with teenagers or adults and their families, in the development, implementation and evaluation of individualized service plans
- Provide support to the teenagers or adults and their loved ones
- Express oneself in a suitable spoken and written language
- Write concise notes, and other reports
- Exercise one’s work safely and effectively, in collaboration with adolescents and adults, their families and the interdisciplinary team involved
- Work in partnership with various community organizations
- High School Diploma (regular courses, modified courses, or a combination of both) or Adult High School DiplomaOr
- “Diplôme d’études secondaires (PCE—see notes 4 and 5)”Or
- “Certificat en compétences essentielles appliquées au programme (PCEA)”Or
- Any transcript containing adapted level or “Programme de compétences essentielles au marché du travail (PCEMT) ” courses will be subject to additional assessment.
- Applications from individuals 21 years or older who do not have a high school diploma will be subject to additional assessment.
- An individual who has completed mathematics courses prior to the new mathematics paths A, B, and C, should consult the guidance counsellor of the CCNB campus where the program is offered in order to determine eligibility toward the chosen program.
- The “Programme de compétences essentielles (PCE)” is a specific high school path which prepares the student for enrollment in one or several pre-established programs leading to one or more trades.
- The application of an individual who has obtained a high school diploma with courses from the “PCE”, and who wishes to change to another field of training, will be subject to an additional assessment.
Aperçu des matières
- Addiction Disorders
- Community Care
- Community Services
- General First Aid in the Workplace
- General Health Care
- General Psychology
- Intervention Methods
- Learning Diasbilities
- Leisure Activities
- Mental Illness
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Prevention Techniques
- Writing Fundamentals
Renseigements additionnels sur la formation
- Student enrolled in this program will have to deal with the realities of profession:
- The student may have to travel to an areal other than the campus offering the program or permanent residence to do the internships. His travel and related expenses are his responsibility. He may also have to comply with an irregular work schedule. In addition, some internships may require French language skills.
- Students enrolled in this program must, at their own expense, apply to have their criminal records verified with the local police force through the Canadian Police Information Center (CPIC).
- Students must be able to justify at their own expense a clean criminal record if they wish to maintain their eligibility for the practicum as well as certain educational activities.
- Students must submit proof of a medical examination and immunization record in accordance with the guidelines fo the Collège Communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick standard medical form and the specific requirements of the practicum environment.
- Students are responsible for submitting their evidence and related fees
Sanction des études
Aussitôt qu'il satisfait à toutes les conditions du programme, l'étudiant se voit décerner a certificate en Community Services Worker
This program might interest a person who:
Wants to help people in difficulty of adaptation
Has an interest in community involvment
Wants to intervene in a context of daily life
Wants to play the role of intermediary between a persons in difficulty and their families
Has a sense of anlysis and synthesis
Enjoys working in a team while showing autonomy
Has the will to take up challenges
- Wants to help people in difficulty of adaptation
Évaluation des services de santé et communautairesCe cours permettra à l’étudiant d'appliquer les concepts de l’évaluation normative ou administrative (analyse normative) des services de santé et communautaires ainsi que de la recherche évaluative selon les techniques d’analyse de la pertinence, d’analyse économique (analyse de la performance et analyse coût efficacité), d’analyse des effets ou d’impact et d’analyse d’implantation. L’étudiant pourra appliquer ces techniques d’évaluation par l’entremise de projets pertinents ou lors d’exercice de planification stratégique dans le domaine de la santé et des services communautaires.
En savoir plus...
Gestion des ressources humaines dans le milieu de la santé et des services communautairesCe cours permettra à l’étudiant de se familiariser avec les diverses fonctions de la gestion des ressources humaines dans le milieu de la santé et des services communautaires.
En savoir plus...