Heavy Equipment Operation in a Mining Environment
Heavy Equipment Operation in a Mining EnvironmentTransport
The Heavy Equipment Operation in a Mining Environment program is designed to prepare students to apply knowledge and technical skills to the operation and maintenance of a variety of heavy equipment.
The theoretical and practical aspects of this training are coordinated in order to simulate the working conditions. To this end, the laboratories, the compulsory exercises based on the achievement of the performance on a simulator and the specialized workshops including heavy equipment typically used in a mining environment are provided and made available to the student.
285 hours of training offered in seven weeks
- Communicate using manual and sound signals
- Perform visual inspections prior to the use of machines
- Operate heavy machinery to dig, move, load and level rock, gravel and other materials during construction or mining work
- Operate heavy machines to spread or compress materials
- Exercise and practice due diligence principles
- Park and clean heavy equipment
- Filling up fuel and lubrication
- High School Diploma (regular courses, modified courses, or a combination of both) or Adult High School DiplomaOr
- “Diplôme d’études secondaires (PCE”—see notes 4 and 5)Or
- “Certificat en compétences essentielles appliquées au programme (PCEA)”Or
- Any transcript containing adapted level or “Programme de compétences essentielles au marché du travail (PCEMT) ” courses will be subject to additional assessment.
- Applications from individuals 21 years or older who do not have a high school diploma will be subject to additional assessment.
- An individual who has completed mathematics courses prior to the new mathematics paths A, B, and C, should consult the guidance counsellor of the CCNB campus where the program is offered in order to determine eligibility toward the chosen program.
- The “Programme de compétences essentielles (PCE)” is a specific high school path which prepares the student for enrollment in one or several pre-established programs leading to one or more trades.
- The application of an individual who has obtained a high school diploma with courses from the “PCE”, and who wishes to change to another field of training, will be subject to an additional assessment.
- Plant and Machine Operations
- Health and Safety
Additional Training Informations
- Students enrolled in this program will have to deal with the realities of the profession:
Sanction of studies
Upon successful completion of the prescribed curriculum, the student will receive a certificate of achievement in Heavy Equipment Operation in a Mining Environment.
This program may be of interest to the person who:
Likes outdoor work, regardless of the weather conditions
Likes working alone
Likes to take decisions
Likes repetitive tasks
Enjoys working with machines and objects
- Likes outdoor work, regardless of the weather conditions
Employment OpportunityHeavy equipment operators operate heavy equipment used in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, airports, gas and oil pipelines, tunnels, buildings and other structures; in surface mining and quarrying activities; and in material handling work. They are employed by construction companies, heavy equipment contractors, public works departments and pipeline, logging, cargo-handling and other companies.
Targeted careers :
- Heavy equipment operators (except crane)
- Hydraulic Excavator Operation - Simulator Approach (Preview)
- Excavator Operation - Field-Testing Approach (Preview)
- Bulldozer Operation - Simulator Approach (Preview)
- Bulldozer Operation - Field-Testing Approach (Preview)
- Front-End Loader Operation - Simulator Approach (Preview)
- Front-End Loader Operation - Field-Testing Approach (Preview)
- Rigid Dumper Operation - Simulator Approach (Preview)
- Articulated Dumper Operation - Field-Testing Approach (Preview)
- Articulated Dumper Operation for Underground Mining - Simulator Approach (Preview)
- Load Haul Dump (LHD) Operation for Underground Mining - Simulator Approach (Preview)
- Work Safely (Preview)
Opération d'équipements lourds dans un environnement minierLe programme Opération d’équipement lourd dans un environnement minier vise à préparer les apprenants à appliquer des connaissances et des compétences techniques à l'opération et à l'entretien d'une variété de pièces d'équipement lourd.
Les aspects théoriques et pratiques de cette formation sont coordonnés afin de simuler les conditions de travail. À cette fin, des laboratoires, des exercices obligatoires sur simulateur basés sur l’atteinte de la performance et des ateliers spécialisés comprenant de l’équipement lourd typiquement utilisé dans un environnement minier sont prévus et mis à la disposition de l’étudiant.