Autism Intervention Training Program
Autism Intervention Training ProgramSciences de la santé
The Autism Intervention Training Program format consist of Core Theory lectures offered online and a hands-on Core Practicum providing 12 days of hands-on training, working closely with autism experts.
Durée du programme
16 weeks including a work practicum
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to function as a primary worker in the field of educational and community support to people with an autism spectrum disorder.
- Promote the social role of the individual by fostering an environment and an atmosphere that meet their primary and secondary needs and respect their human dignity
- Foster educational, residential, academic, professional and community support
- Apply intervention plans in school, residential and community environments
- Report measurable gains and achievement of objectives
- Create awareness within the community to the needs and living conditions of people with an autism spectrum disorder
- Work with various stakeholders of the education support services network
- Establish meaningful interpersonal relationships with stakeholders from the professional field, people with autism spectrum disorder and their families
- Implement and evaluate, in a residential setting, individualized program plans (IPP)
- Connect with other services, including support services, so that people with an autism spectrum disorder can obtain a coordination of services, information, and other appropriate services
- Participate upon request in the follow-up of intervention plans
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Provide personnal support to the person with an autism spectrum disorder and his or her family
- Demonstrate knowledge in order to ensure effective inclusion in the school and other community setting programs
- A post-secondary diploma related to early childhood education (ECE) or community services or two years of post-secondary studies in a related field
- Any transcript containing adapted level or “Programme de compétences essentielles au marché du travail (PCEMT) ” courses will be subject to additional assessment.
- Applications from individuals 21 years or older who do not have a high school diploma will be subject to additional assessment.
- An individual who has completed mathematics courses prior to the new mathematics paths A, B, and C, should consult the on-line counsellor in order to determine eligibility toward the chosen program.
- The “Programme de compétences essentielles (PCE)” is a specific high school path which prepares the student for enrollment in one or several pre-established programs leading to one or more trades.
- The application of an individual who has obtained a high school diploma with courses from the “PCE”, and who wishes to change to another field of training, will be subject to an additional assessment.
Aperçu des matières
- Etiology and Diagnostic Features of Children with ASD
- Typical and Atypical Development: Understanding Autism
- Introduction to ABA and Basics of Behaviour Theory
- Medical Awareness
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Shaping & Differential Reinforcement
- Prompts, Fading & Attending
- Evaluation of Child Progress
- Generalization and Maintenance
- Task Analysis & Chaining
- Visual Supports
- Discrete Trial Instruction
- Incidental Teaching
- Verbal Behaviour Intervention
- Self Help Skills
- Social Skills
- Functional Behaviour Assessment & Functional Analysis
- Behaviour Management
Renseigements additionnels sur la formation
The student admitted into this program must obtain a criminal check from the local police via the Canadian Police Information (CPI) at his/her expense. According to his/her criminal record, the student may not be eligible for practicums.
Students may have to travel to an area other than that of their campus or permanent residence to do their practicum. Travelling and other expenses relating to the practicum will be his responsibility. Students could also have to follow an irregular work schedule. Furthermore, the work practicum may require English language skills.
The student must be able to justify, on his own expenses, a clean criminal record if he wishes to maintain his eligibility for the intership and certain educational activities.
RBT Certification: Participants will complete the BACB's Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Task List, which includes the core tasks that are likely to be performed by behaviour technicians. Upon completion participants will be eligible to aply to write the Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) examination.
Sanction des études
Aussitôt qu'il satisfait à toutes les conditions du programme, l'étudiant se voit décerner a certificate of advanced studies en Autism Intervention Training Program
Registration:506.789.6542 OU 1.888.648.4111, ext. 3
Registration: 506.789.6542 ou 1.888.648.4111, ext. 3
Colonne en forme - certification du formateurCe cours permettra à l’étudiant d’appliquer les stratégies d’enseignement des techniques de colonne en forme et de promouvoir l’utilisation adéquate de la mécanique corporelle afin de prévenir les risques de blessures musculosquelettiques en milieu de travail.
En savoir plus...
Energetic Patterning and Clinical Applications - Course 2This course will allow the student to acquire an understanding of the different techniques needed to assist the patient in expanding their heart energy.
En savoir plus...
Service de soutien aux personnes atteintes d'Alzheimer et autres démencesLe programme Service de soutien aux personnes atteintes d'Alzheimer et autres démences vise à préparer l'étudiant à oeuvrer auprès de personnes atteintes, et ce, en tant qu'aidant naturel ou soignant dans un cadre institutionnel. Le programme offre une formation qui traite des éléments physiques, physiologiques, psychologiques et sociologiques, permettant ainsi de se familiariser avec toutes les facettes en la matière.
En savoir plus...